My working life has encompassed a variety of roles, from Book Keeping and office admin to PA and Secretarial, my professional skill set has proven pertinent and transferable to many industries. I have recently joined PureBody Health as the Clinic Secretary, an amazing position alongside an unbelievably positive team…..but hey this is boring, let’s talk about the good stuff!! Recently, my husband and I decided to take a six-month career break to fulfil a life time dream of travelling some of the world at our leisure.
Here are some of my highlights…
- Cleaning and feeding baby turtles in the ‘Turtle Conservation’ in Fiji.
- Swimming with dolphins in Mexico.
- Meeting ‘Nemo’ up close and personal while snorkelling in the Maldives.
- Drinking beer at the ‘Cheers Bar’ in Boston.
- Taking a run through Central Park, New York in the morning sunshine.
- Boating on the Hudson River with Liberty standing proud as we passed.
- Time Square and a song from the Naked Cowboy!!!
- The Empire State Building… (memories of King Kong!)
- ‘One World Trade Centre’ strangely haunting but a must with its ghost floors and sad, sad memories.
- A roof top open bar at Madison Square Garden sipping cocktails
- and watching the madness of New York unfold!!
- Washington DC, The Lincoln Memorial night tour is awesome… a must is the big bus tour, fantastic.
- Beverly Hills… Rodeo Drive & The Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Windy Wellington, New Zealand.
- Butter Beer at Hogwarts, Universal Studios Orlando.
- The Sydney Opera House & dining at Darling Harbour.
- The White Kangaroos of Bordertown along with a jeep on a pol… (it really is a tourist attraction).
- A cuddle with Joey the cutest Koala Bear in Australia.
- The Grampians.
- Completing The 5K Colour Run in the beautiful City of Perth.
- The Chaos of Kuala Lumpur!!
- The Taj Mahal and the mystique of the wild monkeys in Agra.
- Delhi, what else but Chicken Biryani.
- The beautiful beaches of Kerela.
- The dusty streets of Goa with its cows, tuk tuks and ever present horn blowing!
Final Thoughts: As I get older my main goal in life is to try to be happy and to embrace every day that passes. I enjoy the sun shining, blue skies, a glass of chilled Prosecco and a good book. Oh and of course Las Vegas, I enjoy that the most!!!
Favourite Quote: “Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent.” ― Steve Martin.